PRAYING THE ROSARY
The purpose of the Rosary is to help us honour and remember significant events or mysteries in the history of our salvation, and to thank and praise God for them. There are twenty mysteries we reflected upon as part of the Rosary. These are divided into the five Joyful Mysteries, the five Luminous Mysteries, the five Sorrowful Mysteries and the five Glorious Mysteries.
1. Make the Sign of the Cross and say the Apostles’ Creed
2. Say the Our Father
3. Say three Hail Marys
4. Say the Glory be to the Father
5. Announce the First Mystery; then say the Our Father
6. Say ten Hail Marys, while meditating on the Mystery
7. Say the Glory be to the Father
8. Announce the Second Mystery, then say the Our Father – repeat steps 6 and 7 and continue with the Third,
Fourth and Fifth Mysteries in the same manner.
After each decade say the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy."