CATHOLIC WOMEN'S LEAGUE
St. Rose of Lima Catholic Women’s League
The Catholic Women's League of Canada was organized nationally on June 17, 1920 and granted federal incorporation on December 12, 1923.
The League is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) as a lay association of women and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women's Organizations (WUCWO), a world-wide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations (ICO) and having consultative status with agencies of the United Nations.
The Catholic Women’s League unites Catholic women:
• To achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
• To promote the teachings of the Catholic church
• To exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life
• To protect the sanctity of human life
• To enhance the role of women in church and society
• To recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
• To uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world
• To contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony
The St. Rose of Lima Catholic Women’s League (CWL) meets the second Thursday of every month (September through May) at 7:30 PM in Mitchell Hall.
The officers for the 2015-2016 year include:
President: Carol McAllister
Past President: Joanne Cormier
Secretary: Marcella Milligan
Treasurer: Annetta Cripps
Spiritual Convener: Cathy Murphy
Membership: Ann Landry
For more information contact Carol McAllister: firstname.lastname@example.org